Optimise your training with a professional focused on you.
Our team of exercise scientists and exercise physiologists are focused on you and how to help you get the outcomes you are looking for. Covering everything from general health and fitness training through to specialised rehabilitation plans our team can tailor a program to suit your individual needs.
Time crunch? Childcare not available? We can come to you. Our team can come to you and design a program that you can complete in the comfort of your own home. Does your partner want to join in? They certainly can. Fit and healthy families are inspiring to us.
Please phone our team to find out more. Sessions are offered at our Chermside Clinic, 24Fit Wavell Heights, at your office or at home. Private health fund rebates may apply.
Understanding your body so you can set your goals
Improvements in your body are much subtler than a shift in the number on the scales. At BodyPlan we offer a range of testing services that help you to understand what your body composition is to help you to set realistic and achievable goals.
DEXA Body Composition
– using x-ray technology (a very small amount of radiation) measures your bone mass, lean tissue mass and fat mass. Giving you a baseline to work from to set SMART goals for you.
Metabolic Rate Testing
– at BodyPlan we offer Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) testing. This information allows you to know how many calories you burn at rest. It gives you valuable information about the amount of energy you use and should be re-assessed when you feel you may be experiencing a plateau (where you are putting in all the effort but not seeing the results).
– how big is your engine? VO2 testing assesses your aerobic capacity and what can ascertain what heart rate zones you need to be working in to achieve the results you are looking for.
The Exercise Scientist and Exercise Physiologist difference
Accredited exercise scientists (AESs) and accredited exercise physiologists (AEP) hold an undergraduate degree.
- AESs specialise in the design, implementation and evaluation of exercise and physical activity for healthy people. They provide programs for improving general health, the prevention of chronic disease, health promotion and enhanced sports performance.
- AEPs primary focus is to use exercise to prevent, manage and treat complex medical conditions (e.g. heart disease, some cancers, injury recovery and diabetes). AEPs use their skills in exercise prescription combined with their training in behavior change to empower clients and help them to manage their health independently.
At BodyPlan our accredited exercise scientists and exercise physiologists understand how your body works and they tailor your program to help you reach your goals be they to recover from surgery, set a personal best at the next Park Run, manage heart disease or for general health and fitness.