Welcome the weekend (and the cooler weather) with Wholemeal Banana Pancakes!
Wholemeal Banana Pancakes:
Serves 4 (1 serve is 3 pancakes).
• 2 large bananas.
• 1 ½ cups wholemeal self-raising flour (try buckwheat flour if wanting gluten free).
• 1 ½ cups milk of your choice.
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten.
• 1 tablespoon pure honey.
• Australian extra virgin olive oil.
• Pure honey/maple syrup, Greek yoghurt and fresh passionfruit to serve.
• Place flour in a bowl, making a well in the centre and set aside. Mash 1 banana in a separate bowl and then add the milk, eggs and honey. Combine well. Pour this mixture into the flour bowl and whisk until smooth. Stand for 10 minutes.
• Drizzle a large, non-stick fry pan with Australian extra virgin olive oil on medium heat. Spoon ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn over the pancake. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until gold and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.
• Thinly slice remaining banana. Place pancakes on plates. Top with sliced banana, honey/maple syrup, Greek yoghurt and passionfruit pulp.
• Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from: